Stop, Look and Listen
Make me crossYou need flash to access the games on this website
If you stop, look and listen, the scars you'll be missin'...
- Find the safest place to cross then stop.
- Stand on the pavement near the kerb or the edge if there is no kerb.
- Give yourself lots of time to have a good look all around.
- Make sure you can see if anything is coming and drivers can see you.
- Listen carefully because you can sometimes hear traffic before you can see it.
- Never cross the road whilst chatting to people, listening to your iPod or talking on your mobile phone.
When it is safe to cross, walk straight across the road. Do not walk diagonally. Keep looking and listening for traffic while you cross.
That's Gotta Hurt
3 cracked ribs - can't run around
broken arm - no swimming for 6 weeks
broken fingers - can't play computer games for 4 weeks
battered leg - can't kick a ball for 3 weeks
Watch what happened to Kerr on his way to playing football in the park.
Show what you know
Be a cycle safety superstar
GORY STORIES - The boy who didn't stop look and listen
Before his leg was bent backwards
He loved to play football all day
But the boy didn't cross in a safe place
Where he could see cars come his way
He then didn't stop, look and listen
A car hit him at quite a pace
And now he cannot play football
'Cos his leg broke in more than one place